Grief Healing Discussion Groups

All Alone

Today I went to my sons Halloween parade at school. As soon as I spotted him I choked up because I remembered last years parade when Sean was with me, and he was taking pictures. I walked home all alone crying. Life is so sad now. I thought I was going to have to take my son trick or treating alone too, (something we always did together) but my older son took him, and a few other boys wound up going in a group. So I'm home answering the door to give out the candy. It's so lonely, I miss Sean so so much. I just need him to hold me, that's all I want. I can't even imagine all the other holidays, Thanksgiving ( my brother and sister in law invited us to Pa.) but I just don't know if I'll be able to drive there. It's over 3 hr. away, and I'm horrible with driving. Christmas is going to be so sad. We got engaged on Christmas eve. After the kids went to bed we exchanged our gifts with eachother. I remember Sean gave me a big box with all these cleaning products in it, toilet brush, dust pan etc... All I could think was, you have got to be kidding. Then at the bottom of the box was a little box with my ring in it. If I only had another chance.. that's all I can think about.

Hi Laurie,

I am so very, very sorry for the pain you are in right now... I am so sorry for your loss as well... I will keep you in my prayers,I can not even imagine what you are going through right now, All I can say is if it is anything like losing your parents both in four months than I can feel a little like it... Take care and I am sending you a great big hug Shelley