Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi To Everyone!

I haven't posted lately and wanted to check in and say hi and see how everyone is doing. I've been doing much better. My husband and I just went on an amazing bicycling trip in the wine country in Napa California. As I was cursing this very steep hill, I heard my mom giving me her support. I wanted a sign from her and she "told" me to just look around. I was looking around me and suddenly I looked up and saw the moon...in the middle of the day! I know that sometimes we can see the moon during the day, but it was so clear and I saw it at the exact moment I needed to see it. My mom was always facinated by the moon...how anyone anywhere in the world could see the same moon every night. I will always treasure that moment. The first day of the trip was exactly 6 months and the same day of my moms passing. There were other people on this trip that I didn't even know and I couldn't help but bring it up in conversation at dinner. A couple of these people had also lost a parent within the last year and we shared stories and tears. It was wonderful.

My best to all of you.

Take care...Lori

Shell, My dad had dimentia (I think I told you)and he got it after he had hip replacement surgery. He also had Parkinsons (before he fell and broke his hip). I remember it being a tough time for everyone. Hang in there.

Hugs to you...Lori

Hi LoriS and Shell,

Please hang in there both of you, I know it has been tough but God only gives us what we can handle... I know that it is tough to believe but I now know I can handle what he has given me... Take care and I will keep you both in my prayers Shelley

Lori,

My mom had it before her hip surgery, but now it makes me wonder if it won't get worse quicker since she has had surgery?! But thanks for letting me know someone else understands what I'm going through.

Hugs, Shell

Shelley,

I'm so glad you are doing better and know that you can handle it now. I've seen a lot of progress in you and it's wonderful!

Hugs,

Shell