Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sweet Tucker

Tuckersmom

Hi...I came across this website and decided to post. I had to put my 3 year old dog Tucker down today. I have lost pets before...but this one is so difficult. He was born with a number of problems...knees...digestive problems. He had just had his second knee operation and developed anemia, problems with his esophogus, and just seemed to be suffering so much. I felt that he was telling me that it was time to go. I held him and kissed him and told him how much I loved him and how brave he had been. Due to his medical problems he required a lot of special care. He was more like a baby than a dog. He was the brightest light and here for such a short time. I would appreciate any suggestions that might help me through this. I've heard from a number of people that our pets are still with us after death...any experiences like that? I feel like my heart is breaking in a million pieces and I don't really know what to do with all of this pain.

Thank You

Tucker's Mom

• 2 weeks later...

My heart goes out to you. I lost my beloved Clara - and while the pain is not as new and raw as yours, my sorrow feels unbearable also. I loved Clara more than life itself, and living without her, knowing how she suffered and died far before her time -- I don't know how one can "get over it." I don't WANT to get over her. I want to remember her every single day, have her real and present in my life and memory.

I wish I had words to ease your pain, but I don't know of any words that can help. I wish I did. All I can offer is that we have in common that we both love someone very deeply who is no longer here....and that our hearts are both breaking.

Would you like to share some of Tucker's life story with me? Was Tucker a dog? I love all the little critters who so give of themselves and Tucker's bright light here on this earth still continues to shine forth in your obvious love for him. His body may not have been able to continue, but the love you shared with him lives in your heart.

Wishing you peace,

Clara's mom