Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Did Not See My Last Post

Last weekend was a hard one It was snowing in ATHENS .The worst since 50 years .We are not used in cold and snow .Nothing was operating scools closed and only some supermarkets were open.I had to stay at my brothers home and not go to work so time felt endless .My mind went back to memories and I just wanted YIANY to be with me ceep me warm and safe.After 3 days the snow has gone and teperature is 17 deegries cel it was bellow 0 .I have missed your pots especialy from all of you that are going the same time jurney .How are you? Is it going any better for any one?I have started group therapy the first 2 setions I felt strange but the 3 it was more confortable.I will give it one more try.need advise .Thank you TENY.

Teny,

I am doing much better these days, about 6 and a half months out ... but I attribute that to many years of preparation. Neither me, nor Linda, were under any illusions where everything was heading. We did a lot of grieving together and separately prior to her death. So the first three months or so took me by surprise, as I had never experienced anything that intense, but then I think things have resolved more quickly for me. I'm lucky.

It's quite amazing that you have snow there. It has been a brutal winter throughout much of the US, and even here in Arizona we are having unusual amounts of rain, to the point that we have actual water in the river for the first time in memory. I wonder if weather patterns are intense all over the northern hemisphere.

I think it's great that you persisted with group therapy and are feeling less uncomfortable with it. I would suggest staying with it for a few more times because it probably can't help you much until you develop a comfort level with it. You can't evaluate how useful it is until you've gotten to a place where you can start to benefit. You're getting there ... it's very courageous of you to go. Entering into any kind of therapy, group or otherwise, is an act of courage. And by the way, courage isn't the absence of fear, it is moving forward in spite of fear.

Hang in there,

--Bob

Teny..I know what you mean about snow and cold.But living in Canada i should know that in the winter we get snow and cold but this year it seems endless. Like you I wish that it would stop snowing and have spring come that seems to help...flowers growing and grass green warm weather and sunshine. How that you are feeling better...better that is a funny word just hope that things are getting a little easier for you...I know that this last few weeks have been hard for me with Bruce gone now 13 months..how is that possiable...sometimes it feels like a bad dream and when I wake-up he will be right here beside me...I guess that we all feel like that. Gail :wub:

Yep, I know that, but we got virtually our entire "normal" 2007 rainfall in December and most of our "normal" 2008 rainfall in January ... so those two months are unusually heavy in that respect.

--Bob

Bob: Just a note: Arizona had been in a periodic draught that occurs here in cycles. Our winter rain is a normal weather pattern for Arizona.

DoubleJo

Its' been raining all thru February too. It used to rain all thru the summers with the standard desert rains and floods. I've been here for 35 years and the desert climate has been here for way more than that. Most years don't conform to the "average". That's why they're called "averages." A months variation is small in the scale of things. Our weather will stay hotter too because so much of the local desert has been covered over with blacktop and concrete, causing the heat to be trapped and dissipate more slowly. Some things are not that complicated or overly dramatic.

DJ