Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Thank You To John (dusky)

John –

Thank you for having the courage and strength to write “Finding My Banana Bread Man”. It’s a touching story, and has helped me in my own “journey through mourning.” Thank you for the very idea and powerful argument for reconnecting with rather than “letting go of” a lost partner. I find myself on a similar path, and your experience, so well articulated, has given me confidence and hope on this path.

A couple weeks ago I was asked to do a scripture reading at a niece’s wedding. The scripture is one commonly used for weddings, from one of Paul’s letters to the early Christian community in Corinth. It’s a description of the Christian concept of love. In it are the words “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things… love never fails.” Everyone asked if I thought I could get through it, and I even wondered myself. But thinking about my own journey, I realized that I actually believed what I would be reading, and the truth of that belief carried the day!

John, I also thank you for your list of books that you found helpful. I have benefitted from a number of those books, particularly the books about mindfullness, “Grieving Mindfully” and “Wherever You Go – There You Are”. Mindfullness was a new concept to me, and I have found some additional resources to help me understand and apply the concept to my own personal journey.

Peace and love,

- Joe

Joe,

I am very grateful that my book gave you confidence and hope along this difficult path. Writing this book helped me heal personally, however to have these words help others truly gives me a warm feeling.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful message with me.

Peace and Love,

John - Dusky is my handle on here

Love you Jack.