Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Shiva

mlg

I don't know how many of you have access to a publication called Health Illinois, but in their August/Sept 2008 edition there is an article entitled "The Mourning Field". It is about grief and how we all need to grieve. It talks about a Jewish tradition called Shiva. After someone dies the family does nothing but talk about the decedent and cry and mourn in any way they seem fit. Everyone else cleans their house, fixes the meal, etc.

One thing it said was, "we must wear ourselves out with our grief; grieve until we are exhausted with it. Only then will we be ready to move beyond that time." I just want to know how exhausted we have to get before we can move on. I'm back to about 3-4 hours of sleep again only it's different this time. Before I'd wake in the middle of the night, now I don't feel like going to bed until 2-3am.

It was a pretty interesting article if you can get your hands on it.

Hi,

I'm wondering if you still have access to that publication.

I am very good at finding things on line, but I'm wondering if you could tell me who the publisher is. I've found many publications with similar names, and I know here after a few months, the back issues are available...I'd be very interested in reading that article.

Thanks