Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Expressing Heartfelt Deep Gratitude

I feel a need to express my gratitude for all the support. I am so grateful. I commend all of us for the courage it takes to even get words out at times. I too am just so sorry that it is the loss in our life that has brought us together. I was at a very dark place when I decided to make a post here recently. I am grateful to God for giving me the whisper to feel my fear and make the post anyhow. I have a fridge magnet that I read every morning, and every night it reads: "I have always known that I would take this road but I did not know yesterday that it would be today." I share it with you all hoping that it may help you too.

I mourn along with you, our heart alone feels so heavy with grief that it feels it can take no more. I think of all of our hearts together and then the heaviness lifts some for me. I feel truly welcomed and understood and feel I can express my darkest pain or thought and it will not be judged. I am blessed. I hope your experience here is the same.

When my pain is great, I look to the mountains, I look to the water, I look to the sky, for it is my belief that our loved ones are everywhere now.

Thank you and courage to you all as you weather this storm.

Sunstreet

I couldn't agree more Sunstreet, I don't know what I would have done if I didn't find this site and those on it.

I often think of things like your fridge magnet says, so often I think of times last year when I knew so little of what was to come so soon.

It is so sad that such horrible events bring us together now.

sending you love and hugs

niamh

Sunstreet, my dear, thank you for your beautiful post ~ and please know that we're all very grateful, too, that you found your way back here to us

Marty you are very welcome and thank you so much.

Sunstreet

Dear Niamh,

Thank you for the love and hugs, I send you love and hugs as well. I agree it is so sad that the pain of loss/tragedies bring us together now. Niamh, I sense your great pain and I hope it helps you to know that I do understand it. Sometimes our pain can be eased if we are just understood. Another fridge magnet I have reads: "In every living thing is the spirit to be free" At times our pain causes us to feel that we are not free, that we are hostage to our pain and sorrow forever. I don't think it will end but what I do hold onto is that our pain will be transformed into something we can carry and feel our spirit taste and experience freedom again.

Courage and blessings to you Niamh.

Sunstreet