Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Musings Of The Survivors

Guest NancyL

I find myself thinking of all the things Don’s missing. Beautiful fall days, the anticipation and planing of upcoming holidays, even the end of Nascar season. Things he liked. I know in my heart this is only my interpretation that he’s missing these things, but I can’t help myself. I was reminded yesterday that I have 8 days of unused vacation (use it or lose it). Fall was the time when we took vacations, spent days together. Now I find the two day weekends are already too long, what would additional long empty days be like.

I'm so sorry for your loss NancyL, it's hard when you're alone and difficult to adjust, I can imagine how difficult and lonely it must be and its hard to get used to it. Maybe try enjoying your own company, going to the movies etc? Do you have any family or even friends you can do stuff with, it doesn't mean you have to spend all your time around people, just for things to do. And I saw what you said about your interpretation and I know what you mean, I think it's easier for people with faith and who are strong believers in the idea that the people who have died are still experiencing these things. I dunno if you've noticed how people always say how things in nature make them feel closer to their loved one maybe when you do the things you did together it will make you feel closer to him? Feel his presence, whether you believe in anything spiritual or not it could just be that the memories are strongest when you're doing those things so it will make you feel less alone? Sorry I couldn't help anymore