Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thinking Of You All Today & Tomorrow

niamh

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say that I am thinking of each of you today, tomorrow and all through the holidays. I'm sorry we've all "met" in such horrible circumstances.

I wish the nightmare would end & right now I wish I could feel anything at all, I'm sure it will come later, I've just been so so numb all week.

I really don't know what to say, it's hard to believe how real this is. Saying "Merry Christmas" feels so wrong because it just won't be,

I just hope our loved ones will send us the comfort we need to get through tomorrow and I wish each of you the best day you can possibly have under the circumstances.

love, hugs and strength to you all,

Niamh wub.gif

I too send my prayers for strength through this season. This is so difficult for many people who have lost loved ones. I lost my mother Aug 2008. I can tell you that Christmas will never be the same, but you do learn to move on and eventually enjoy Christmas again. I lost my dad in 1997. Almost 14 years ago and I still miss him especially this time of year. The first Christmas after I lost mom was extremely difficult for me. I didn't do anything. No shopping, no baking, no cooking, no merry christmas to anyone. I didn't want Christmas music played and I only went through the motions because of my children and grandchild. But, I can write from experience and tell you that it will get easier. There will be a time when you can smile over old memories of Christmas's past. It takes a time to get here and I would lie if I said that I still don't hurt and sometime I still cry because I miss them so much, but I can now find joy in Christmas again. I pray that everyone hurting have family to help them through this time. If it weren't for the love and support of my family I am not sure I would have made it.