Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Very Alone

I am not sure I can shed any light on anything but I can definitely tell you you are not alone. If you need a support system you came to the right site. I have not been a member for very long and I do not always have time to post my feelings here but I feel like the people I have connected with here really get me and understand what it is to grieve in the same way I do.

A year and ten months is a short time, do not put pressure on yourself to feel anything more than what you are right now. It can be unbearable at times but you have to know that people are out there who can be there for you. Everyone on this site feels like there is such a tenuous link between life and death because we have all experienced loss and I hope I do not just speak for myself when I say WE ARE HERE, WE ARE LISTENING. I am so thankful for the support here, I hope you can find a little bit of comfort here (maybe). Someone once told me, "It doesn't get better, but it gets easier." After a year and ten months I was not even able to admit that was alone or grieving and now, after almost nine years, I am able to say, "I am in extreme and profound pain." It could take a long time but it is possible to try and make some kind of life for yourself. Maybe we can all even be happy again, at least that is my prayer for everyone here.

Guest Nicholas

Have you tried reading up on Buddhism (www.buddhanet.net is a good starting point) and with it meditation, relaxation, and maybe yoga too? Mind you, I can't guarantee it will help - I still cry every day and even though my son believed that when he died he would enter his next life, it isn't any consolation to me.

It is a long journey.

Nicholas