Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of A Hospice Patient

guardian angel

My name is Katie Griffith I am 19 years old and am a teen volunteer for Hospice of the Valley. I recently lost a patient who was very dear to me. I like to say she was my own special angel. i loved her as family. I viseted her daily she always had a smile on her face and always put a smile on mine. We joked around all the time watched T.V and we became really close. I also gave her a bear that she said was her favorite.

She will always be my angel.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• 3 weeks later...

Katie

I'm not a teen, and I don't read the posts from here often. But I check in from time to time. I've been trying to get my daughter and her friends to use this forum. I just check to see if any have tried it yet. Unfortunatly, most of them seem to want to suffer in scilence. Anyway, I read your post and I see you havn't had any response. I doubt that to many people your age, or mine(42)for that matter, are hospice volunteers. I think what your doing is wonderful. I know how hard it must be. You volunteer to get close to someone who you know you will not live... You must be an angel on earth. The hospice women who took care of my dad were wonderful. They were visibly upset when he died. They attended his showing, not only to help my mom and us, but because they truly cared about him. You people are my heros!

Sandy