Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dreamt of my dad last night

So a few weeks ago, I finally put my dad to rest. I had a hard time with the idea of burying him but I have finally bit the bullet and done it because I know its what he wanted. Im feeling okay about it but sometimes I feel like he's a little further away than before.

I have read somewhere on here or on another site about people dreaming of their lost loved ones. Well, I have dreamt of my dad but not directly talked to him like I used to. I remember someone mentioning that their loved one had said goodbye or something to that extent because they would no longer be visiting them. Well last night, I was looking at my dad through a window. He was across the street sitting in a lawn chair on a porch, like he loved to do. He wasnt looking at me but he was talking to someone and I remember the thought crossing my mind that this is the last time I will be seeing him. I remember feeling sadness but not horrible pain like grief. 

I wonder if this was him telling me that he's moving on or just a random dream.

It's hard to know. I'd think if it was a message, you'd know it.  I didn't dream about my husband for a year or more after his death, and when I did, I was mad at him & wanted to know where he'd been!  Then when I woke up I was mad at myself for wasting precious time being mad at him for being gone.  But alas we can't direct our dreams, and I think they reflect what's going on inside of us somewhat...in my case I was probably feeling abandoned.  They don't have to make sense!