Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Registration Problems Not Fixed

Guest Guest_Deborah_*

Guest Guest_Deborah_*

To Marty, I have asked for help before in fixing this problem. Steve sent an email but time has passed and I have not heard anything. I want to be able to register and not continue to have to sign on as a guest. The problem stems from me originally registering I think but that was just after Larry died and I just can't remember now. If I try to set up a new one, it keeps telling me that someone with my email address is already registered but it won't let me sign on. Thanks for any help. Deborah

Hi Deborah,

I'm so sorry -- I know how confusing all of this techhy stuff can be :wacko:

I've forwarded your post to SteveG via e-mail so he can address your concerns directly, but in the meantime, you might want to re-read the message he posted to you about this same issue several weeks ago. Just click on this link and you'll go right to it:

http://hovforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?show...st=0entry4256

Guest Guest_Deborah_*

Hi Marty and thanks for responding so quickly. I did email Steve and gave him all the information but have not heard back. Is there a way to just let me start from scratch? I've tried but because it has my email address already registered it won't let me start all over. Deborah

Is there a way to just let me start from scratch? I've tried but because it has my email address already registered it won't let me start all over.

Hi again, Deborah. Since it is a weekend and we haven't heard from SteveG yet, I'm going to go ahead and take a risk by doing the following. As Steve has already told you, we have two Deborahs registered, but one of them did so in May of 2005, and the other did so on March 17, 2006 -- so I am going to assume that you are the most recently registered "Deborah" since you began posting in this forum as a guest right around that same date. I am going to delete the March 17 "Deborah" from our data base, which should open the door for you to "start all over," as you say. Let's see if that works, okay? If not, let me know and we'll go from there.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and ask that you bear with us until we get this problem solved.

Hugs,

Marty T

Guest Guest_Deborah_*

Hi Marty, well that didn't work! It still says someone else already is registered with my email address. I changed everything else but its not going to let me register. I'd appreciate your help or Steve's when he returns.

Edited by MartyT

It still says someone else already is registered with my email address. I changed everything else but its not going to let me register.

Deborah - Have you tried using another email address? There are sources like MSN.com that will give you a free @hotmail address that you could use strictly for this purpose, rather than your primary email address. (Also Yahoo.com , etc)

It may not be a good idea to post your email address on these boards. Not everyone that comes here is verified by Homeland Security to be of good character. You could edit your past posts to remove any reference to your email address. (I may be paranoid of couurse.) :unsure:

How do I edit my message and remove my email?

I just did it for you, Deborah! You can do it yourself by clicking on the EDIT box at the base of your post, then click on "Full Edit" and you'll be able to add or delete anything you like.

As for the other issue, we need to wait for Steve G, as I've taken it as far as I know how to do. Please be patient with us, Deborah -- I promise we will get this solved.

Hugs,

mmt

Guest SteveG

Deborah,

I have sent you a number of e-mails but it appears that you have not received them. For that I apologize. Let's try again by sending me a private message at steve.george@pobox.com. The last I remember is we were trying to decipher which "Deborah" you were. Once I have a working email address from you--sent privately--I can begin the process again.

I do apologize it it appears that I dropped the ball on this. We can fix it in short order.

Steve

Guest PattiZ54

I had the same problem, but I did what WaltC suggested and just used a different email address. The only problem with that is that it looks like I'm a "new" visitor when I've actually been here for a number of months. Oh, well - atleast I can post here.

Patti

(Charlie 6/10/58-11/16/2004 - I love and miss you, Dear!)