Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Ghosted~😭

So, where does my story begin. In January 2017 my hubs proposed and asked to marry me and my 3 children. March of 2016, I bought a house and we decided to go ahead and get married before living together. Everything was perfect and we married the end of March 2017. 

2 weeks later in April 2017, his father passed unexpectedly in his sleep. The next few month were tough and I struggled that our marriage wasnt even given the chance. In June of that year, his grown daughter graduated military bootcamp and moved away. Fast foreard to Februrt 2018, my hubs best friend, who he spent all of time with died unexpectedly in a vehicle crash. Everything changed from there. Communication stopped, mills were getting shut off, etc.. 

In November 2018- my hubs uncle died unexpectedly of a heart attack, one whom he had shared many ball memories and loved dearly. Even talked about how he couldnt wait to marry me during the funeral. 

In December 2018 we had a huge falling out and then in February 2019, his truck got repossessed and then a week later he moved out unexpectedly without a goodbye to me or my children and has since ghosted us. I have received divorce intent, but I'm confused. 

Everyone says that grief has overwhelmed him and his depressed, but I'm unsure what to do or how to even process all this. 

Nicole,

I am so sorry, I know this hurts and you are bewildered, not only on your behalf, but that of your children.  Yes, I'm sure he's quite depressed, grief symptoms mimic depressive symptoms, so that it's hard to tell the difference...and he's had multiple major losses.  It would have helped if he would have gone to a grief counselor and if he could have talked about it instead of just ghosting you.  There's not a whole lot you CAN do if he wants a divorce.  You do need to do what you can to protect yourself and your children.

I am a little confused, you said you married March 2017 then you said he told you he couldn't wait to marry you during his uncle's funeral in Nov. 2018.  ???
I get the impression you have young children under the age of ten?  I would be honest with them but try to keep it simple, answer whatever questions they have short and simple...make sure they know this isn't about them and that he he has had a lot of losses that are hard for him to deal with.  Kids tend to personalize and think they're at fault so it's good to let them know they aren't the reason at all, that they are the bright spot in life.  Try to give them extra time and attention.  Do you have family close by that can help and be supportive to you and your children?

You are undoubtedly grieving the loss of your husband as well as he is grieving his losses.  I hope this article will help you understand it a bit: https://www.griefhealingblog.com/2014/08/grief-understanding-process.html

• Like 2