Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Please Please Pray For My Arthur

eaglesoaring

Hi everyone

Please please say a prayer for my little Arthur, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel 5 month old pup, whom I got after losing my dear Mom, named him in honor of my Dad, last night I had to rush him to the ER vets, he has crashed, white blood count to low, in 12 hours they will give him plasma, vet told me he could die, he is very ill. This was so very fast, I cant stand the thought of him dying, so please send him your prayers.

Thanks everyone, Debbie

Dear Debbie,

I'm so terribly sorry this has happened to your little Arthur and I hope the vet will quickly discover and be able to effectively treat the cause of this tragic and sudden condition. We'll be here for you, no matter what the outcome, but we all hope and pray for the return of best health for your precious, little guy.

Prayers are on their way!

Debbie,

Oh, that's not great news! You poor dear, and of course little Arthur, too! Has your vet not given you any idea what it might be yet? If not, perhaps you could do some searching on the web to find out a list of things that cause WBC's to drop so substantially? Some vets seem to need a little push to put on their thinking caps, and at least you'd know more of the kinds of questions you need to ask right now. And if you can access a holistic vet, even through the net, maybe that would be a good idea, too. Lots of them are available even through a distance nowadays. Many take phone appointments, although I'm not sure how long it might take to set one up - perhaps if they knew the severity of the situation, that might speed things up.

There are also a few sites I've come across where you can leave a short desciption for prayers that are needed, whether they've dedicated to animals or not and that might help as well. There was also a site called Heal-a-Pet where volunteers would send healing energy and/or prayers for animals as long as you needed it ( they usually contact you via email during a time of need, so you get extra support, too ), which you might try. I can't remember the name it changed to, but a 'google' on the above name would probably get you there.

You're so kind to have been praying for my Little Nis', too ~ a big 'thank-you' for that! But you don't have to worry about anyone else right now, if you can't keep that up. I've been praying for Arthur and you throughout the day and will keep doing so as long as it's needed.

Keeping you and Arthur in my highest intentions..... :wub:

Maylissa

UPDATE on Arthur

I went and picked up Arthur early this a.m. and took him to my vet. His white blood count has come up a bit, still way below normal, right now it is at 3.21 normal is 5.50-16.90 yesterday he was at 1.22, so low they dont know why he lived thru the day. He is not out of the woods yet, I am a wreck, I got so upset yesterday that I was up all night being sick myself ugh. It was so good to be able to have him in my lap for the drive to my vet.

Thanks, Debbie

Dear Debbie,

Still praying hard for Arthur and you!! I know it might seem virtually impossible, but maybe you could also try really visualizing him being healthy and happy again...sometimes this can truly work 'magic'. I know, cuz I've done it myself, several times in 6 years of fighting for my Nissa's health. It also can help somewhat in pulling you out of that horridly dark place where nothing good seems possible anymore...which, by itself, can help our furbabies feel a bit better, even when they're ill. It IS good that his count has improved, even by a little bit. I've heard of worse scenarios where things turned around, so don't give up hope!

You might also want to consider, and quickly, ordering a product online called Transfer Factors - read the testimonials regarding animals getting treated with this. I can't say for certain it will work, but it may be worth a try. I've just myself started using it for Nissa, even though our situation is different...just trying to buy her more quality time, if it helps her feel better. Another thing to try is a flower essence, by fesflowers.com, called Magenta Healer...one I still have to get myself. Teresa Wagner, who Marty has mentioned here before and who's on her list of resources, calls it a great help in illness. I couldn't find it locally anywhere in Canada, but it should be much easier to find in the US, where it's made...and if not, you can order it direct from FES. Directions for dosing can all be found at the applicable sites. While you're searching and waiting for answers, try to get some Rescue Remedy, by Bach Flower Essences, as it's been credited for saving animals in terribly dire straights when people have used it on the way to Emerg. and can easily still be used after emergencies for up to a week, or whenever things get dicey. One thing about looking for aids to illness....it keeps you more focused on HEALING possibilities, rather than the opposite.

Hang in there!!! I'm rootin' for both of you!

Dear Maylissa

I have been on the net seems like there are alot of resons behind what is going on with his wbc. I do have a holistic vet. They think he may have parvo I dont think he does as he had all his shots, and he is not bleeding, and he is able to keep water down. Here is the kicker. I get a call at 4:30 pm telling me I need to pick up Arthur by 5 or he would be all alone there for over 15 hours. So I rush over there and pick him up and bring him home where he is now. He is sooooo depressed and it is hard to see him this way. I have given him his Tamiflu (yes the human kind) I take him back to the vet at 8 am. guess I will need to be ready to go get him every night.

He could have a viral, bactrial, or even a toxic or posion, that could have triggered his immune crash. I do not know if we will ever know what it is. All I know is I really dont believe that it is parvo, as I worked for a vet for years, and have worked with tons of parvo dogs and he just does not fit the bill. However he is just as ill.

I am sending his blood off to Dr. Jean Dodds. she does a "hemopet" which is the only group to take into account the age, sex, and breed of the animal. Cavaliers can have Thrombocytopenia where the wbc are larger than normal and cause problems in itself. But he does have a illness of some sort.

Thank You for your prayers and I will look for the items you mentioned. I do have Rescue Remedy. The ER vet told me that it could take days before he improves. He wont eat, and is getting thin fast, cant believe how fast it comes off. He is sound asleep now.

Thanks again, Debbie....and I still send you& your baby prayers

Thank You Maylissa, I found the website and just sent them pictures of Arthur. It came up with heal-a-pet:-)))))) I will let you know what they say if you would like!!!!

Arethur looked better this am before I took him back to the vet, he threw up "blood clots" and now one of his lungs sound funny she said. I will be picking him up again tonite and having him here with me so I can watch him.

Thanks again, Debbie

Debbie,

I'm so glad you found the Heal-A-Pet place. I made a couple of good friends from that service, many years ago, one of whom I remain in contact with once in awhile. She was very supportive.

That's pretty frightening, about Arthur's lung, and I don't blame you for being worried, but I'm glad you have not only some background in animal care but also a holistic vet already in place. Always trust your instincts, no matter what else you're told you should believe. I made that mistake with our fur-boy, 6 years ago, believing the bloodwork and assurances over my gut.....my gut was entirely right.

Not the ideal situation, having to drop Arthur off every day, but it IS good that you get to be with him each evening and overnight. Oh, the poor, little guy! I know how hard it is on them, having to keep going to clinics so often, but you do what you have to at such times and just keep hoping for a turnaround. It's really breaking my heart, thinking about what the 2 of you are going through right now and despite anything else I might say, I'm holding my breath, too, just hoping and praying.

Keep us posted as time allows.

Wow Maylissa, I have already gotten two email from the heal-a-pet. One lady said the first thing that struck her was how very beautiful Arthur is, almost made me cry, which would be something as I have become a dry prune in the tear dept. I have to fight with myself, and I try very hard to not blame myself for this....I have this stupid tape that plays in my head..."see what happens when you love something?"

Anyway I Thank You from the bottom of my heart for telling me about this site, I feel calmer now :-))))) Thank You, Thank You

Arthur is home with me now, he is asleep, but he did go outside and peed good, bless his heart, he walks like he is drunk, he is asleep again. He goes back again tomorrow.

Thank You for your support. Take care, Debbie

Debbie,

Well, good, on 2 fronts. One, the speedy help via HealaPet, and two, Arthur doing at least one normal thing. Concentrate on that, and try to envision him doing MORE normal things, things you're used to seeing. REALLY envision it, using as many senses as you can while picturing his recovery. Add an affirmation in your head....something like: "Arthur is young and has plenty of recuperative powers. He heals quickly and readily with my loving care." Then envision what that would look like, daily-living-wise. This will be an aid to the energy work that the HealaPet people will be sending. Both methods are very much like prayer, a prayerful intention that you want to co-create with the God that is in everything and everybody.

It's NOT your love that somehow makes a beloved ill. Think of it more like your particular love was needed for this situation, for Arthur, for you, in some way that you can't see right now. No matter what went 'wrong' with us losing our furboy after only 13 years, one thing I'll always be certain about is that he was MEANT to be with me/us, and likely wouldn't have lived anywhere near as long had that not happened.....although I don't even think it would have been possible to change our destined life together...all 4 of us. Try to trust in the FACT that you and Arthur were meant to be together and to now go through this together, no matter what happens. And keep keeping me posted!

Hi Maylissa

Again I really have to Thank You from the bottom of my heart, your help has seen both Arthur and I thru these dark days. I thank you for your prayers, and the healing you sent his way, it is working!!!!! This is amazing, I went to pick up Arthur at 4:30 on Tuesday like they told me to, and I had to wait almost a hour to get him, as he was throwing up blood. They gave him fluids, you know the kind that makes them look like a basketball, and I brought him home. On the way home, the first thing that I noticed was a change in his eyes, they finally had life in them, that glassy stare was gone. And at that moment even with the bads news the vet had just given me I knew she was wrong. Well we got home, and I cooked dinner for my other furbabies and Arthur slept. I cut up some of the liver I cooked and gave it to him, he just looked at it. About an hour later he ate it all up!!!!!! I did not give him much as he has not eaten in so many days. Well it stayed down as well as the water. He went back to the vet Wed. and they were shocked to see how well he was doing....so I told them why...I told them about the heal-a-pet.

Today I had a Animal Communicator do a reading, she was really good, I didnt tell her a thing, and she was right on with alot of things, like she said his throat hurt, all the way down and thru his stomach etc. That his stomach was hot. All I said was I can understand why. I did not want to feed her anything. She picked up on almost everything. She also said "you will say duhh..he is depressed." Then she said that he wanted something from me.....cloths....dirty cloths...one that I have worn. So he is now sound asleep on my shirt. He would sneak into my bedroom while I was out feeding the horses and drag my cloths out into the living room and sleep on them. I ask her to please let him know that he did nothing wrong, and that he needs to rest and get well before he can come back out and be with me and his other furfriends. She said she did but he will still give me those sad eyes. She also told me that he wants to live and he loves me. She wants me to call her back when he is well, so she can read his personality, she said she could not get any right now, other then the depression.

So today being my daddy's b-day at 12 a.m. my time, I sat with Arthur wrapped up in my lap and just him and I, and talked with him. He loved it and so did I.

Thank You also for what you wrote about my love....this makes sense, and I am telling myself this now.

Thank You again, Debbie

Debbie,

I'm so glad a few things have gotten a bit better for Arthur and you and that your Heal-A-Pet friends have helped you out. I can just imagine the trauma you must feel inside, as I've been there so many times myself.

Do they have any firm diagnosis yet, or even any ideas of what is wrong with Arthur?

You might also try making up some meaty/veg broth to give him every half-hour or hour, as these are easier to digest when they haven't had solid food for awhile....and put a small sprinkle of Vit.C powder in it ( Calcium Ascorbate Powder, which is buffered ) each time.

The "cloth" validation from the communicator is a good one and it's things like this that let us know they've truly connected with our beloved ones. It's also good you didn't let any info out during the reading, as otherwise one doubts its authenticity.

One has to wonder if such events are sometimes 'orchestrated' by our Creator &/or our passed loved ones, in order to take our focus off our grief over their loss and refocus on Life and the living...at least that's what I've often suspected even though these events are so frightening and painful in their own right. And yet, they seem to do the trick, oftentimes, and we end up feeling rather 'renewed' and more adamant about staying in the Now and in Life.

It's been a few days, so I'm wondering how things are now -- let me know!

Blessings and Hope for Arthur and You,

Maylissa

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Maylissa

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Arthur is still healing, it has been quite a long road to travel. Each day that passes is better for him.

No, still no diagnosis, most likely will never get opne either. It seems to me that it has to be something that isnt spread or my other dogs would be ill. So that is good, as I dont think I could stand them all being ill.

Thank You again for the heal-a-pet link, they are really super nice people. One lady said she would work on me also, that would be nice I told her thank you.

How is your kitty Nissa doing?

Take care, Debbie

Debbie,

I'm glad you posted, as I'd been wondering how things were going. Did you not get any results back from Dr. Dodds, either?

As I often do, I'd also like to suggest you look into finding a homeopathic vet with lots of experience, as I think especially when you don't have a definite diagnosis, this form of healing can be invaluable. Choosing a specific remedy is based not on labels of illnesses, but on how any condition or illness is expressed and experienced by the particular individual themselves, so when you're at a loss as to what exactly is wrong, choosing a remedy isn't limited to such diagnoses.

And while it is also a form of energy healing, I must point out that the types of energy work that one gets through Heal-A-Pet are nowhere near as powerful or as specific as homeopathy. Usually, anyone who practises Reiki or other such forms of distance healing will be, and should be, telling you to ALSO see some kind of doctor, as Reiki is more of an adjunct to other methods and shouldn't be considered to be the only form required. I know you already have a local, holistic vet, but since they haven't been able to find anything yet, perhaps another method and opinion would be a good idea.

If you'd be open to considering this, I'd provide you with our own homeopathic vet's name and #, through a P.M. on this site. I've been using him for about 6 years now ( from a distance ) and believe that we wouldn't have Nissa still with us had I not. And since Arthur is still so young, there's a good chance he could be helped by homeopathy, possibly even quite quickly. He would require you to have a local vet there anyway, for any tests and physical checks that may be needed, as we do. And he'd written his own book, as of several years ago, so you could also get ahold of that to learn what it's all about, if you wanted. He's a remarkable man, our vet, and I consider him a good friend, aside from being so good at what he does.

As for our gal, she's had another flare-up of one of her conditions, but is recovering from it right now, with her other conditions alongside. I consider every day with her still here a huge blessing. And thanks for asking about her.