Grief Healing Discussion Groups

John's Book List

Note to John, Derek and others: For your convenience, I've taken the liberty of editing John's post of May 25, 2006 (in the Loss of a Spouse, Partner, Significant Other forum under the topic, "Confused") , so that by clicking on any of John's suggested book titles, you'll be taken directly to Amazon's description and reviews of each book listed. You are under no obligation to purchase any of these books; this simply gives you a way to get a little more information about each one.

To see John's list, click on Grief Bibliography

To see my own list of books I've read and personally recommend (some of which are the same as John's :wub: ), go to the Articles and Books page of my Grief Healing Web site, then scroll down until you come to the section entitled Suggestions for Further Reading.

If you have a book that spoke to you in a special way or that you found to be particularly helpful, please let us know, so we can add it to our lists!

• 2 months later...

Hi Marty T,

Thank you so very much for the information in your last post, I would love tho learn about grief. I find myself living through my grief journey but not knowing why some things are happening to me... with the knowledge from reading I will maybe be able to learn why things happen.... Take care Shelley

Hi Dreaming2fly,

Yes, It does get easier but it does take time. We all grief differently so some of us will take longer and maybe some of us will be shorter but again it does get easier... Take care Shelley

Kat,

How long has it been? For the first six months or a year, it can seem to be getting worse as the shock wears off and you realize what your loss means. Over more months and years after that, it does start to slowly get easier. You always feel the loss, and sometimes you feel awful again like when you were first bereaved. You never stop missing them, but it gets easier.