Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of My Beloved Duner

jill

I lost my cat, Duner, on 6/30/06. I am so very sad. My mother passed away on 1/1/06, which also was my birthday. I am having such a hard time. It's becoming overwhelming for me. I have lost pets before and know that it does get easier, but it's been a rough six or seven months this year.

So sorry to hear of your losses. I am glad that you found this site. I am farly new to it myself. I was so glad I was able to write about my loss. Grief is the most "alone" emotion we have. I have always know that you can share laughter, but grieving we do alone. Please know that you are not alone, that others are with you. Even if they don't reply, or post entries, know that someone is thinking of you right this moment. May you sorrow be soon replaced soon with better times.

thanks so much. it has been a difficult year so far, and even though i know it'll get better, it's tough right now. you're right, we can only grieve alone, because others can relate to how we are feeling, but the depths of our sadness is ours alone.

So very true jill and I'm sorry to hear of your losses. I'm having a crappy 2006 and it sounds like you are too. Can't wait for this year to be over. Sorry I can't help you in any way, I'm going through too much myself right now and finding it hard to be positive about anything. We all know time heals but that doesn't help right now :(

Hi Jill,

I'm really sorry to hear about your losses. You must be having a very hard time. If you ever feel like you need to reach out, drop me a line on this website. Try to find happiness in every little thing you do.

Ang

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jill,

I am so very sorry for all your losses, and that you are having a very bad year this year. I know when I lost my cat bandit it took some time to get over it but you do get over it. I had a very bad year last year 2005. I lost my mom in April, I lost my dad in August, I lost my parrot Shamrock in June, I switch houses in November because of the deaths of my parent who I lived forty years. I switch jobs in October of that year for the same reason as I switched houses (relocated to different town) So I am now in my new location and getting my life back on track. I know it does not seem like you will get your life back on track but trust me you do. I will keep you in my prayers and in my thoughts God Bless You Jill Shelley

Hi everyone,

It sounds like a lot of people are having bad years this year. I lost my wife this April, so I know what you mean. Even tho the deapths of our loss are ours alone, we don't have to be alone. On this web site I have found a lot of people that have had losses and some seem deeper than mine. Even tho each of us are different in how we grieve, we are the same in so many ways during grief. I am so grateful that this site exists and that I found it by accident one day. I can truley say this was the best accident I have ever had. Everyone on this site seems like family to me. I just hate that we each had to come together under these circumstances.

Hi dpodesta,

You do not know how true you are, I am thankful for finding this website as well. I think of the people here like an extended family and this is good because I am having trouble with my own siblings right now. So thank you for all the wonderful posts you have writen and yes it is too bad we found each other under these circumstances. God Bless you Shelley