Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It has been a year and a month and I feel like I'm back where I started

CatandDog

I wrote a post here back in March and I thought that I was starting to feel better about my cat Roxie's death but I still can't talk about her without crying and now even when I think too much about her I find myself crying as well. I've cried every day for the past 4 days and it feels like I am right back where I was all those months ago. It just feels like everything would be so much easier if she was still alive and if I could just cuddle with her one last time I might be able feel better but I know that's impossible so it feels like I will never feel better. It feels like I'm not even the same person as I was when she was here and it feels so lonely not having her with me. Its just so exhausting trying so hard to be happy when she was my favorite thing in the entire world and it feels like nothing is as good as it would be if she were here. I feel like I'm talking in circles here but I figured coming here before seemed to help so maybe it will help again this time.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, I know how hard this is, even now I still miss mine, of course we do, Kitty has been gone over 1 1/2 years and Arlie two years this month, it doesn't seem possible.  I still picture them around here in my mind.  Maybe it'd help if I got another cat, I've never been without one before, my son brought me a puppy over 1 1/2 years ago, 4 weeks before Kitty died, I'm very attached to him but we all know one never replaces another so I'm not looking to, but instead he's filled some of those empty spots in my life.  I feel God will show me when I'm supposed to have another cat, He always dropped them into my life before, but I know none will be the same as I've had 15 and no two similar.

It's hard that you're hurting so much for so long, grief has a beginning but no ending, but it evolves.  Have you considered seeing a pet grief counselor?

Pain - When Nothing Eases it
Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers
Support lack for pet loss
When is the right time to get a new pet?
Crying, cannot stop
Getting another Pet
Memorializing Pets We Have Lost
Memorializing a Pet