Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Onward Journey

Boho-Soul

Some thoughts I've journaled as I move forward in my healing.

Death and loss can be a great teacher because it illuminates that life is fragile and subject to great change and growth. Loss creates a feeling of deep inner emptiness, but with this emptiness one can eventually (hopefully) see what can never leave or change - and that is the truth of who we are. We are not products of our circumstances, thoughts or emotions. These things are temporary, and like the weather, will pass. What we are is our possibilities, and product of our decisions. Our wounds of sadness may not be our fault, but our healing is our responsibility. Eventually it comes down to our outlook on life, focusing on gratitude to foster well-being, using (or willingness to learn) healthy coping skills, and nurturing resilience. I didn't want to lose what I had (my health and sense of self) to what I have lost, so self-care has been key and has supported the truth of who I am.

I am strong, I am resilient, I am courageous, I am capable, I am determined, I am whole, I am enough and worthy of life.

As they say, "The same boiling water that softens the potato can harden the egg." It's not about the circumstance. It's either what you're made of, or your willingness to learn resilience.

• Like 2