Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I still miss my childhood best friend

Summer Rose

My friend died from cancer in 1997, 12 days before she turned twenty. She never got out of her teen years. I didn’t always make friends easily as a kid. I made friends with her in first grade. We were friends when she died. I still miss her. I’m still sad she’s gone. I’m friends with her three brothers and her mom on Facebook because they remind me of her. 

I have friends, but haven’t been able to make close friends. So, I haven’t had a close girlfriend since. Fortunately, I’ll be married 20 years this year and my husband is my best friend. 

Thanks for listening. 

• Like 2

And I am so glad you have him.  I'm so sorry for your loss...no matter how many years go by we still miss them and think of them.  I've lost two of my sisters and my husband...parents, etc.  But the hardest for me is my husband and my dog I lost 3 1/2 years ago.  Also my sister I lost several months ago.  I know I will miss them the rest of my life, until we can be together again.
Wishing you comfort and peace...

Just lost a best friend Saturday, he'd been in the hospital since Monday...

Trying to help his widow through this, everything I've thought of, she already has, one step ahead of me.  I don't know how she can even think right now.....I couldn't when I went through it.

• Like 1