Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Sudden Death of a Coworker and Friend

Novi

I worked with him for over four years. He was always happy with a boisterous laugh. He embellished the truth all the time, but it just made him entertaining. Everyone at work is affected by this, myself included. I only work there part time now for the time being until I find another job, and last time I saw him he apologized to me for something that had happened. At first I said he had nothing to be sorry for because what happened was not his fault. But he insisted and I accepted his apology. He thanked me before he left for the day. I am so so glad I accepted his apology because if I hadn't I would carry that guilt forever. 

Last month he was so excited as he showed me pictures of the motorcycle he was hoping to buy. Two weeks ago he was so excited as he told me he was going on a road trip to a neighbouring province to visit a friend. Two days ago he died riding his bike when he collided with a moose on the highway on the way to visit his friend.

I'm no stranger to a sudden death but for some reason I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around the fact that I spoke to him just last week and now he's gone forever. It's strange. I know he wouldn't want anyone to be sad, or at least not for too long. I feel bad for his wife. And the moose. The whole situation is just so ugly. 

RIP J.K.  

• Sad 1

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, and for his wife's tremendous loss...I know what that feels, I lost my soulmate and best friend 19 years ago Father's Day.  Living alone since excepting the short stint my son was between Air Force and College, that was long ago.  Growing alone w/o my George.

He died doing what he loved, glad for that part at least.