Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Digit Passed On Yesterday

miakittymeow

When I first posted here last fall

http://hovforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=733&st=0

to deal with the grief of having a cat that did not come home, I had no idea that I would need to visit the site again so soon. MartyT, Maylissa, and Eliza were all so helpful to me in supporting my search for Mia.

After Mia disappeared last fall, I adopted a new kitty, Digit. A beautiful, almost one year old, little snowshoe Saimese who was at the local shelter. He was the best little lover-kitty that anyone could ask for. Yesterday I let him out while I did some chores in the yard.

A car pulled up in front of the house across the street, they backed up and pulled forward and pulled in the driveway and so on. Then the lady got out and asked if I knew if those people were home. I said , 'No, I don't think so'. Then I asked if I could help her. She said she saw their cat get hit by a car and killed and the she wrapped in in a blanket and had it in her car. She said, yea, it was their siamese kitty. The neighbors do not have a siamese. I do. I told her that it was my kitty. She opened her hand to show me the collar and she asked if is this the one. It was.

I took him to the emergency vet clinic just in case.... but he was gone.

Poor little sweetheart. I hope he is in a happy place, and that there is a soft bed there for him to sleep on.

I am so greatful to the lady who took the time to stop, pick him up and find me. She did not have to do any of that, yet she did.

My nephew came over last night to help me bury him. We put him under a tree that he liked to climb and play in the plants and leaves at the base of it.

So sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved kitty. Two weeks ago, we had to put down our beloved girl dog, Tawny, who was not even 2 years old. She had kidney failure, and although we tried, there was nothing they could do. It is always hard to loss a loved one, but I think it is particularly hard when s/he is so young. I too hope my Tawny is now in a peaceful, happy place, and has plenty of people/animals to love and to be loved. She deserves nothing less.

Hi miakittymeow,

I am very sorry for your loss, It must be extremely heartbreaking to have lost a beautiful cat... I will keep you in my prayers and ask God to give you the strength to complete your grief journey Take care Shelley