Grief Healing Discussion Groups

How Grief Relates To The Work Of The Soul

MartyT

Dear Ones,

An interesting article I found today that I think is worth sharing with all of you:

How Grief Relates To The Work Of The Soul

Bob Olson: I'm pleased to be interviewing Laura Scott today on the relationship between grief and soul work. Laura is a psychic, spiritual teacher and channel for healing, and she is going to teach us how grieving is a natural part of our growth process in this journey we call life.

Laura, I think it is safe to say that most adults will deal with grief in their lifetime. Do you believe that the grief process is part of most everyone's life purpose?

Laura Scott: Hi Bob, it's always a pleasure to connect with you! Yes, sooner or later we will all experience grief on one level or another. It is unavoidable. Grief transcends social classes, cultures, countries, education, backgrounds and more. It is a great equalizer. We grieve the physical loss of loved ones, beloved pets, family members, as well as less tangible things like losses of life roles, health, loss of status, phases of our lives, jobs, ideas, youth, freedom - you name it and someone has grieved for it intimately.

Scientists have recently discovered that no matter what the cause, all forms of grief create physical pain and chemical reactions in our body. In other words, grief in any form takes a measurable toll on us physically, one that can actually be quantified and seen in laboratories. The second interesting thing about these studies is that grief over the loss of loved one, whether human or animal, both measured the same identical effects in the body. So whether we are grieving a spouse, or a beloved animal companion the effects in our bodies are equal. That is an important finding because it offers us an opportunity to have more compassion for ALL those who grieve, not just those we can relate to, or those losses we deem 'worthy.' It's a huge opportunity for a lesson in compassion and expanding our inadequate models for understanding grief. Read more . . .

Marty...

Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated this article. It was so validating. My sense has been that this is a sacred journey...soul work. I faced the diagnosis and death of my closest friend with that knowledge. It has been so hard, the deepest work I have ever done....but somewhere inside I have known that this pain, this time in grief...is a gift to me. I know that may sound really strange to alot of people. I don't discount the pain I have experienced in this loss...or anyone else's loss. I am thankful for the lessons...most of which I haven't even recognized yet. It will take years to integrate them all..once I can see clear enough again. I am still, at 1 year and 1 month, grieving and in that sacred place. I have seen a lessening in intensity of sorrow and despair, thank you God. I have felt this grief on every level..and the pain has opened up parts of myself that I knew were always there,but never connected with.It has opened the doors to my soul and spirituality in ways that I still cannot totally believe yet.

Thank you for your book, this article, this forum and your work/purpose.

love and peace in the new year...

Marie