Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Filters?

Steven

Looking over the settings, it doesn't look as if it is possible to sort or filter results using words. Is this correct? e.g., if I wanted to avoid topics/comments using the word 'supernatural' or 'magical thinking' how would I accomplish this?

Thanks!

BTW, I'm not referring to search criteria; instead, I mean all posts to all threads.

Hi Steven,

No, if I understand you correctly, we do not have the feature you describe. As one of the administrators of the site, I do have the ability to ban the use of certain words and phrases that we would consider inappropriate or offensive, but we cannot sort posts by filtering out certain topics / comments.

Hi All,

I try hard to watch what I say, so I hope I am okay and have not upset anyone... I know that we are at different stages and sometimes people say things that are helpful but are taken the wrong way...Please forgive me if I have upset anyone and I will definitely try to keep appropriate with my wording Thanks for listening and I hope we all be friends here and not hurt anyone... I think that Marty T and everyone who helps her is doing a wonderful job... Let's all pray for this family and learn to get along better... Take care Shelley

Hi Starkiss,

My question wasn't directed at anyone, so please don't spend a moment worrying about it.

FYI, I've changed my settings to have postings emailed to me, so I can use email filters. I sure don't want anyone to change or censor their posts based on my beliefs or lack of, so I am setting up a couple of simple filters to route ideas that aren't helpful to my personal attempts at recovering from my wife's death.

At the risk of saying too much, I'm truly glad that so many find comfort with these ideas, but they often affect me in the opposite way. So, rather than withdrawing from this helpful, caring group, I am adjusting settings to allow myself access without encountering topics that are a bit sensitive for me.

I thank Marty too, as well as the many well-intentioned people frequenting this forum. Thanks!

Steven