Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Happy And Sad Week-end

Hello

I had such an emotional week-end. My daughter had a horse-show out of state.

She had the show of a lifetime...she and her horse were on fire.She won all 3 classes she was in, showed a friend's horse and got a second place. She was so,so happy. After she won the championship class, I was walking with her as she rode her horse back to the barn we were laughing and celebrating and so happy, I got my phone out of my pocket and opened it..to call my mom and tell her the good news. And then I remembered, I couldn't call my mom. It's been almost 8 months and it was like it just happened. My mom went to all the shows, until she got too sick. Even then, if my daughter won, I would call her so she could hear the victory music they play as the winner goes around for a victory lap. I wanted to call my mom so badly it just hurt so much. As we were packing up to leave the hotel later that day, I felt something heavy in my daughter's show suit jacket. I reached in and found a silver angel I had given her after my mom died, it has a saying on it about grandmothers. I asked her if she always rode with this in her pocket, she does. She said "that way grandma is always with me and knows how my ride went". So, I guess even though I couldn't talk to my mom, she was there and was with my daughter when she took her victory laps. Thanks for listening.

Hi Annie, what a wonderful story! I love that you found the angel and you didn't even know that your daughter had packed it! Your mom is definately with you!

How is your dad? I know that you have a lot going on and I am thinking of you!

Take care...Lori

Annie,

I think that our loved ones are always still with us, so I'm sure your mom was. Your daughter carrying her angel is so sweet and touching. What a wonderful way to include her grandmother!

Hugs,

Shell

Oh, congratulations to your daughter for her wins!