Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Oct 28th Marks 2 Years.

Hello to all of you.

My dad will be gone 2 years this Sunday. It's a time to remember and reflect. As I've been pondering on what to do for my dad that would be special to remember my dad on this day of his death.

Now it is marked with a person that seems to have no respect for the dead or their loved ones. When my dad passed, his funeral was done very quickly. So, I decided to mark his grave with a huge stone, (with a poem inscripted on it, "A heart of gold stopped beating to shining eyes at rest, god broke are hearts to prove he only takes the best".)until his stone was finished. Well my stepmother informed me yesterday that the stone and tripod it set on is gone, stolen! I just cannot imagine what kind of person would do such a thing.

So, now I'm mixed with feelings of sadness and anger. I guess on top of this, I just wish I could go back and be the person I was. Reflecting on the 2 years since my dad left, I don't feel his passing has done anything but made me half the person I was. Yes, I did grow stronger in ways, but weaker in other ways. I did start my own business, which I probly would have never had the guts to do, but I wonder if it was a mistake at times.

I started a coffee house and it exhaust me with all the hours, but it has it's bonus's of meeting so many good people. It also serves as a dream for dad and I. As we had coffee everyday together. I don't know I'm rambling, I keep you all in my prayers...god bless, Deonna

Deonna, I'm sorry about the loss of your dad and the stolen headstone. That is unbelievable. Some people never cease to amaze me.

It DOES sound to me like you have made progress regarding the coffee shop! Especially if it was a dream of yours and your dads. Don't second guess yourself! I'll bet it's a great place to work and to meet people, like you said. I'm sure your dad would be so proud of you.

Take care...Lori

Deonna,

You're not rambling, just talking about your feelings and that's good. I'm so sorry about the headstone. Unbelievable what people will do!

Wow, a coffeehouse sounds so wonderful. Lori is right, don't second guess yourself. I believe that we all do what we're meant to, that there is a reason for everything happening when it does. I'll bet your dad has a special spot he sits in every day and is enjoying it and watching over you.

Hugs,

Shell

Deonna, I am reading your last post sipping on my first cup of coffee of the day...which is my absolutely favorite thing to do when I wake up!

Coffee brings people together for fun and laughter. There is a warmth and coziness about a coffee shop that everybody loves to just sit and hang out.

Hope you have a fun day at work!

Take care...Lori

Hi Deoanna,

It is so terrible what people will do these days... It is so great about the coffee house... I went through the two year mark for my mom this past April... She died while we were on vacation in Las Vegas, which was tough being that I am from Canada...My dad's two year was this past August, It was a very quiet day and I released balloons in each of my parents favorite colours...Dad died in the hospital of cancer four months after mom... Well I hope they find out what happen to the tombstone... Take care Shelley

LoriS: Thank you, for your comments, it made me chuckle you were drinking coffee while reading the post. I love the coffee shop, however at times I don't feel like being CHEERY, however I tend to put on a happy face even if I don't want to because I have such great loyal customers that get me through.

Starkiss: Thank you, I cannot imagine the person that would do such a thing, but I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around. Starkiss, sorry for your losses.

Much luv to you both, Deonna