Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Dad Has Gone To Heaven 2 Weeks Ago

Hello everyone Im newby yea well not by choice I'ts just the way it happens my dad found out back in June after Fathers day he had lung cancer they gave him 6 months if that long .He was amazing he made all his arrangements I even went shopping with him for his outfit was that weird yes.My dad still had control that was the whole thing for him I thought he was so strong and always in control til the end he went really fast in the last week.He had already given us christmas money and we had lots of talks at first i went over like 1 a week I was in denial everytime I left i cried all the way home.I was always daddys little girl even if Im 39 he was 64 years young you talk about loving to be on the go but after the cancer came in he became a home body.he had so many love ones around him.he went down hill on a tuesday i walked in he was asleep his sisters and niece were sitting there i looked at him and cried it was horrible my daddy was leaving breath by breath.The next day wed thur and fri same thing saturday he was asleep all the time I got a call 2 am from my brother said hospice isnt giving him long I just layed there I didnt feel yet so i went over 3 pm the next day I found my step mom and him in bed sleeping and her family in living room I knew it was close .he was breathing labored loud it was horrible it wasnt the death rattle it was like just smothering I went out side and someone said Teresa did you let your dad know he could go I said no.so I waited another hour and I was singing to him and I whispered dad me AND Kenny will be fine my brother wasnt there he was out riding around.I stepped out my step moms sister came outside crying with her mouth open I ran back he was quiet mouth open I shut his eyes lots of friends from neighbors were there sobbing My dad was gone i felt so relieved I didnt have to worry anymore then I couldnt believe this invincible strong man who gave me life and mom lol was gone. all we had to do is call hospice he didnt want to be revived and he had all the arrangements done .its been crazy 2 weeks and 3 days from today ..I hope it

Teresa,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. My dad also died of lung cancer and it was very quick too, so I know what you went through. It is a hard time right now for you, but eventually you will learn to start healing and things will get better. Welcome to the board and I hope you come back to talk. It really helps to connect with others who understand your pain. Hang in there.

Hugs to you,

Shell

Oh, Teresa, I'm sorry you've had to go through this and my prayers are with you. Losing your dad is a rough experience anytime, but it's even harder to lose someone at this time of year. I'm in about the same situation you're in right now because my husband died three weeks ago today.

Your dad must have been an amazing, courageous man. He obviously loved you and your family very much, because he settled his affairs himself and took charge of his own arrangements for leaving this earth, so you wouldn't have to do it at this sad time.

Take comfort from the fact that when he passed, your dad was surrounded by you and other family and friends. That so many people cared about him speaks volumes. He probably knew you were with him at the end even though he wasn't awake, so it was good that you talked and sang to him. I did the same thing for my husband while he was on life support for four days before his death. His brain was already dead, and his spirit had already gone to Heaven, but I am certain that he heard me anyway.

I'm glad you found this site because the people here are like a warm, caring family who understand how hard and painful it is to survive a loved one. I hope you'll come back and continue to post.

Terasa Im so sorry for your loss.I lost my husband 1 year ago from lung and liver cancer .He went in 10 days after we found out No time to say good by .Reading about your father and all his suffering I thing that for a man like him it was difficult to strugle.I only can tell you that I do understand and know there is no answer to WHY and allyour suffering .Thinking of you from far away.TENY

Thank you so much for your kind words i think it just takes time and I do believe time heals I have so many great memories of my dad he was there my whole life when I cried when I laughed at him alot we were silly .I have a brother 10 half months older hes really having hard ti,e I go visit him an talk but dads ben his father and friend hes lost now thanks for your message Teresa