Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can I Find Peace For Someone Else?

i love a man who brutally lost his mother. i fear that he is too filled with hate and anger to start anything new with me. is there any way i can help him find peace?

i'd like it those who are grieving could tell me what they'd want thier loved ones to do.

Hannah

Hi Hannah,

I too would like to know what our other visitors have to say about this, and I hope they will respond to your request.

I thought you might also be interested in an article I just wrote for the August 2004 Holistic Expressions Newsletter, entitled Helping Friends in Grief.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hannah,

I lost my dad 6 months ago. What works for me, is having someone to listen to me. I prefer to talk to one of my friends who has lost a sibling, because she can better understand what I'm going through. All you can really do is listen, be understanding and patient. Let him grieve. If he is filled with hate and anger, you might have to make some of the steps in your relationship . Don't push, but gradually try to start something new with him. If he responds in a bad way, then back away. Give him some space and try again later. Please, never tell him, "It takes time, but you will get over it." Never tell someone who lost a loved one, that they will get over it. That really gets me mad. I hope this helps you. I wish you the best of luck. Hang in there and stay strong.

daddy's little girl