Grief Healing Discussion Groups

What Do You Do When Feelings Of Guilt Won't Go?

MariahC

((((Mariah))))

Sounds like you handled a very challenging and emotionally charged situation beautifully. I'm grateful your brother has been so supportive and helpful to you.

I'm sure you will be able to find the best accomodation for your mother in time.

I know that probably sounds a bit harsh, but we are the ones who are seeing and dealing with the situation every day, so we don't think it's fair that those that aren't directly affected by it are trying to make us feel guilty.

Sometimes the truth is harsh. They haven't walked a mile in your or your brother's shoes, now have they? I agree with you 100%. Just keep that phone machine on...

Keep close communicaiton open with your brother and ask the MH worker for help with talking to Mom about any arrangements.

I think you did extremely well with a very challenging day. Take a second to let that sink in. I think you both did really well.

leeann

Mariah.. Another thing to think about...

By having your Mother placed in a supervised accomodation, you are indeed probably taking even better care of her than you and your brother are able to do now. Arranging 24/7 observation, care and help available to your Mom IS taking excellent care of her.

I doubt your estranged family members would ever see it that way.. but I really think you should look at it with that perspective.

I know this is a very hard time for you so I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

leeann