Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Feeling Depressed

Hi Everyone it has been sometime since I have posted. Been just a little over 15 months since Bruce passed away. thought that I was doing ok but the closer that it comes to the birth of our first grandchild(boy) I have been so depressed. This should be a happy time but all I can think about is that Bruce is not here to see this wonderful thing. The baby is due in three week just after Bruce's birthday.I'm so sad...I try to keep a happy smile on my face with the kids but when I'm by myself all I do is cry..I'm so tired of being sad. You would think that this would be starting to get easier but they are not. Most of you know that my husband myself and our two boy's farm together and with being spring again the boy's are back out in the fields so I think that is making it hard for me right now it is another spring without Bruce. Sorry for being such a downer today hope that tomorrow will be a better day. Thanks everyone for being here for me yet again. Gail :wub:

Hi Gail, its so hard this grief journey. I know we all hope for better days and are still surprised how much sadness there is to deal with. You know we all understand. Sharing your feelings and crying is how you eventually heal. We all care about you, hang in there. Deborah

Hi Gail,

My kids are still in school and nowhere near fathering a child (at least I hope not) but I often think of how my husband won't be here to see my kids graduate high school or college, or see them marry or be able to play with our grandchildren...then I get angry, talk to him and cry. When I compose myself, I feel better and move on. What keeps me going is that I know he is watching over us and doing whatever he can from above, and if that's all I get I will take it because I know he IS with us, maybe not physcially but spiritually. We all continue to have our ups and downs, and although we don't understand it at times, we learn that that's the way it will be for some time and accept it. Whatever your feeling just go with it because each step, each day and each tear brings us that much closer to healing.

Linda