Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Estate Is Finally Closed

I am not sure I know how to feel. It's a relief that it's all over and done with. This last month has been heck on earth. I finally am starting to feel a lot freer than I did even yesterday. The depression that was hanging over my head seems to be lifting to some degree. I honestly would get out of bed the last week or so to go back in it again.

(((shauna))) That's a milestone for sure. I'm glad it is behind you now. It certainly was a weight lifted for me too.

Take it easy with you now for a bit. See if you can pamper yourself a bit. Do whatever is healing to you. But also.. acknowledge your efforts... it isn't easy to get through the "estate/probate" process. So pat yourself on the back a bit.

leeann

Leeann,

You bet I pat myself on the back. lol

It is a process, isn't it? Funny. Before I lost my mom, the things I thought. When my dad died, he died without a will. So my mom had a will done up "just in case". I thought that a will made it all easier, that you just divided everything up according to the will and it was all done.

WRONG.

I didn't know you could contest a will. Maybe that isn't true in all places, but I could have. I also am not sure to the extent that I could have contested it, but I always assumed that what you put in your will was that--it was written in stone.

WRONG.

It's just been such a long journey. By no way is my journey over yet, but at least all of this is. From getting rid of the animals, changing my phone number, moving, selling the house, and then finally settling the estate--it's just been hard. I thought that it would hurt more to have the last thing of my mom's changed, but it didn't.