Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Merry Christmas, George!

kayc

To my husband, George,

You were the best husband and stepfather one could ever hope for. You were everything to me I ever could have wished for, and so much more. I am reminded of you every time I see something you gave me, when I remember your supportiveness, when I have to do something that you always did...when I wash my car, get the oil changed, or have to get someone to do something I can't, like chop wood or lift something heavy. You always loved the holidays and every season of life, and had so much zest for it! You enjoyed everything to the fullest, and I, along with you, got to see life afresh with your eyes. I miss you. The kids miss you. We talk about you on every holiday, and nearly every time we are together, even though it's been 3 1/2 years since you've been gone. You left such an empty spot here on earth, it will never be filled, George, it will remain empty as a tribute to you and your unique specialness. You were the love of my life, and if I ever have even a fraction of what I had with you, I will be content. I'm so glad I met you. I wonder so often what it's like where you are, I hope you are so happy and peaceful as you await me, that is my greatest hope for you.

Your Little One