Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Returning To The Same Funeral Home

STARKISS

Hi All,

Tomorrow I will be returning to the same funeral home that my parents were at when they died... It will be the first time since their funerals.. I need to do this for my friend but what is going to happen if I start up again all over... I feel like can do this now but when the actual time does get closer what than... Shelley

You just take a deep breath and remember you are doing it with love for someone else. You will make it and not regret it, and be the better for it. I've found when I can focus on someone else, even if it is their grief, that I feel better. It is nice to be able to help, even if it is in a small way, someone start through this journey. Just remember how you felt when people came to honor your loved ones and how much you appreciated it. There will be those who will say they can't believe you came, but just tell them you felt your friend needed you.

Hi All,

I did go back to the same funeral home that I had gone to when my parents died and it was the first time since their deaths... I was sad at first but as the funeral went on I seemed to settle down a little bit more... On the way home in the car I did break down quite a bit and talked alot about my parents and their funeral with my friend... I came to realize that maybe now was the appropriate time to deal with their ashes... i think that in order to move forward on my grief journey it is time to deal with their ashes... I just fear that I will start the grieving process all over again... Sadly Shelley

And you well may start all over again. I don't know if you had a funeral or not but most people who do feel that once it is over it makes it so much more final that then they can start putting one foot in front of the other. Until we are forced with that finality we just sit and spin our tires.

Maybe by doing something with the ashes, it may hurt and set you back at first but then kind of set you free also.