Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Another Bday Without Mom

DawnG

Hello, I celebrated my 39th Bday. The 2nd without my mom. It actually was a good bday, My niece gave me a necklace with my mothers faced etched on it with "will always love you, mom" on the back of it, I cried of course and my 13 yr old nephew started crying too. It was very touching to know that she is not just missed by me, I know she is but it's nice to see people show it. My nephew really misses her, I remember at her funeral, we couldn't find him and we were getting ready to start, My brother went to find him, he was in the bathroom crying, he was only 11 at the time, he loved his grandma and I'm getting teary eyed right now typing this because it makes me so sad to know how sad my nephew was and still is.

Anyway, it was sad with her not being here but it was also a fun bday, I ended up having a lot of fun, I occupied my time with friends and family, I guess that's all I can ask for right?

Dawn

Hi DawnG,

I am sad today because it is my fourth birthday without my mom... My mom was everything to me and if your mom was everything to you than I hope that you are remembering how much your mom loved you on your birthday... I am sending you a hug today in hopes that it makes you feel a little better... You will also have greatest memories and that is how we can keep them alive with all the wonderful memories we have... Take care and here is that hug for you Shelley

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for the hug, it means a lot to me. It's so hard being with out your bestfriend/mother, every day we have to learn how to do things without her, it's not fair but some how, we've come this far, I know we can continue. I give you a hug as well and hope that you remember the good things about your mom and how you would celebrate it if she were here. My heart goes out to you and yours.

Dawn

Hi DawnG,

Thank you for your reply, I tried to remeber the birthdays that have gone passed the ones that my mom and I were together and that helps me alot to get through the upcoming ones... I also go to a quiet spot and just let myself drift away for a little while in my memories and than I come back and carry on with my day... May God Bless you and another hug send your way Shelley