Grief Healing Discussion Groups

2 Weeks Today

Hi i am Mel i am totally new to this and never thought i would need to talk but I lost my mum -my best friend and rock 2 weeks ago, totally unexpectedly, and since then I am not eating normally and i cant eat without feeling sick or getting indigestion/heartburn, get lightheaded and dizzy, not sleeping most nights, i wake with palpitations, I have 2 children (16 and 15yrs) and i am worried how they are really coping (my son is doing his exams at the moment) and i am also so scared about leaving them behind (i am a single mum.) I know i am normal but i really dont want to feel like this. i have had so much to do with all the arrangements as my dad is disabled so is unable to do anything, which i dont mind but as soon as i stop in the day the panic sets in, i hate the evenings/nights.

Please does anyone have any suggestions, i feel so pathetic feeling this way.

I am back to work today and her goodbye is on friday, so i am hoping this is gonna start me back on track.

Thank you for anyone for the advice in advance.

Don't rush yourself. It takes TIME. I'm sorry for your loss. It is very difficult to lose a parent. I think we all have some of the same"symptoms" when dealing with our grief. Just know that you are not alone. This forum is very supportive and can be helpful. I wish I could wave a magic wand and take away some of your pain. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Cubby