Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Light Up A Life Event

Went to the Hospice of the Valley lite up a life event tonight...my son and his family and sister inlaws all went with me...It was beutiful all the pictures set to music...the lights the speakers all of it was nice...but it was so sad i sat there and cried the whole time..i was thinking how this time last year I still had Ben and I thought he would still be here this year...I knew he was sick and dying but I didn't think he would be gone in a matter of months...I am so sad I don't want to be around anyone on Thanksgiving but I know i must...I hate my life without him I feel so alone no one that I can talk to when I am sad It was always he and I against the world..Our friends all seem to be afriaid to mention his name and I try not to go out with them because they are all couples and I am all by myself...then we have Christmas and new years and than just when I will be pulling myself together it will be Feb and that will mark the 1yr, I just wish I could go to sleep and wake up and find out this is just a bad dream, but I know that it isn't I know that he is gone for ever!!! Everyone tells me the same thing he is always with you and I know that but I want him with me so i can see him feel his arms around me his kisses and hear his voice...I want to hear him teasing me or getting mad because I came home from work late...I miss him so much...and tonight made me miss him more but it was so beutiful and the best part of it was that we were not alone...Everyone there knew our pain because they had all lost someone...THANK YOU HOSPICE OF THE VALLY, For everything that you did for my Ben and our family during the time that we all needed help threw our journey, and for continueing to be here for myself and my family...The berevement counsler that comes to my home helps me so much and everyone here helps me so much as I am going threw this awful journey...Nothing will every be the same but all of you guys make it easier...Thank you

Lucia:

I am so glad that you were able to find the event positive, even though it was so sad. Scott used to tease me all the time, too - he sure knew how to pull my strings - hee hee.

Korina

Tim the poem is beutiful thanks for sharing....Yes Ben was in patient in Avondale for 5 days and than we took him home per his wishes and the last week he was in Sun City and yes I do remember your beutiful wife and her dog...do you still have the dog? does the dog still visit patients? I hope so because I know when Ben was alert he really enjoyed the visit and the dog gave my kids and grandkids smiles something we saw very little of during our journe....Thank you