Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Know This Is What He Would Want!

I tried to do the little bit of Christmas shopping that I had to do today. It was really difficult but it made me realize Pat would not want me to "not" do Christmas at all this year. So I made a decision to buy a new tree and some new ornaments. I just couldn't put up the one we had last year. I remember thinking while I was putting it up that it might be our last Christmas together. Unfortunately, I was right. I'll donate the old tree to the retirement community that my mom lives in. I recieved a candle on All Saint's Day from our church that we will light on Christmas in honor of Pat. It was really a difficult decision but I know this is what he would want me to do because this was his favorite time of year. I am really glad I was able to do this. It actually made me feel good. I don't know how long this feeling will last but I will cherish it for now.

To all my friends on this site, I hope you will find some happiness during this holiday season. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,

Kat

Good morning Kat,

I did my memory tree last week and when I look at it, I still feel peace, and hope. My son and I decided to wait till Dec 16th to light it, as well as the outside lights, as that would be Dean's Birthday. It just seems for us, a way to honor his memory and the fact we miss him terribly, but there is hope for us in light. And my husband loved driving here and there and looking at Christmas lights. Hoping it will be meaningful for us. Blessings, Debbie

Hi Kat,

Donating your Christmas tree from last year is very thoughtful. I know how hard it is to find joy at this time but the love we have for our loved ones will help us get through this holiday. I have to believe this because the other option is to curl up in bed and I don't want to do that.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Mary Lou

I put out a few decorations today. I'm not going to decorate the big tree because I don't want to have to look at the ornaments and think of the stories behind them. I think next year will be better for that. As always, we each have to do what we have to do. I decided to spend Thanksgiving alone even though I was invited to celebrate with my son's family and my daughter's. At the end of the day, I knew I did the right thing and I've been doing better since that day.

Missing Fred ....

Fredzgirl

Kat:

I am so glad you have found a way to celebrate the season with a sense of peace.

Hugs,

Korina