Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief Counseling

JEJ

Hi-

My wife lost her 31 year old brother quite unexpectedly on Jan 30 of this year. We can't seem to find any grief groups/counseling that help with sibling loss. We just started a grief group last Monday, but most of the people are dealing with the loss of parents. Does anyone know of a place in Phoenix that holds sibling greif groups? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

My dear Friend,

Although Hospice of the Valley does not offer grief support groups specifically for bereaved siblings, I suggest that you contact the Phoenix chapter of The Compassionate Friends, the national nonprofit, self-help support organization that offers friendship, understanding, and hope to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings. There is no religious affiliation and there are no membership dues or fees. Here are the chapters in the Valley:

in Central Phoenix: Barbara & Walter Bradley, 602-906-1203

in West Phoenix: Lynette & John Sarna, 602-942-4208

in the East Valley: Reg Felt, 480-821-1063

I also invite you and your wife to visit my Grief Healing Web site. Once there, go to the Links page, scroll down until you come to the list of categories, and click on the category labeled Loss of a Sibling / Twin, which will connect you to some very helpful articles, books and other resources. See especially this one:

Special Edition Newsletter: Sibling Loss

I am so very sorry to learn of the sudden, unexpected death of your brother-in-law. Both you and your wife have my deepest sympathy, and I sincerely hope this information proves helpful to you.

Wishing you peace and healing,

Marty T