Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Preventing Search Results Online

niamh

hi Marty,

I just have a question regarding online searches associated with names here. Is it possible to have a setting to block that. Guess I'm conscious that I've told people I am using online forums for this (given no more details) but I just wouldn't want them to be able to find me or my posts with a general google search. I know I guess using my real name doesn't help but I didn't want to not use it.

no problems if not

thanks !

niamh

I'm sorry, niamh, but there is no way to prevent such a search. As stated in our Discussion Group Guidelines,

Membership is free, but will require that you register with a unique user name (not your "real" name) and secret password of your own choosing. Bear in mind that whatever you post on our site will be visible to anyone who visits the site. In order to protect your privacy (and prevent Internet search engines such as Google from finding you here), please do not use your "real" name as your display name.

If you wish to re-register with a different user name and password, please let me know (via e-mail, tousleym@aol.com) and I will be happy to help you with that.

yep I understand thanks Marty, yeah i have no probs people reading the posts. Guess I just didn't want friends to google me with it and find them. (wouldn't want to hurt them with things I've said but maybe it would also help them understand if the came across it, what will be will be !)

I'll leave my name as is but thank you as always

niamh