Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Kyle Shane We Miss You Buddy

On march 16th 2010 my 9 year old son passed away he was riding his bike and got hit by a car.. the pain is so unreal so hard to make it through some days i am so full of anger.. i miss him so much everyday.. not a day goes by i dont shed a tear .. but hopefully in time things will get a little easier who knows.. all i do know there is a hole in my heart and i miss my litte buddy so much just not fair..

Dear Ronniej

I am not on the posts much,First i want to say that I am truly sorry and saddened by your loss. My heart feels for you and I will keep you and your family Ronnie in my prayers I have had losses this past year. My dad in October, My cat in Jan and My sister Mar 14. With my three losses in a row, it was hard to catch my breath. But nothing could compare to the loss of a child. I have been reading some books and I am reading one called"The Grief Club" by Melody Beattie. She too lost a child, a boy age 12 in a skiing accident. I know this will not ease your pain but maybe when you can, find time to read this book. It is about the grief in all of us. NO ONE is exempt from grief of some sort. It will make you feel you are not alone. Again, the pain from the loss of a child can not be compared to anything I have known, please keep posting on the board, everyone is experiencing a loss and you will find friends and comfort here.

God Bless you and your family,

Elainem

I am so very, very sorry for your tremendous loss. Nothing compares to the loss of a parent losing their child. With us just celebrating Mother’s Day, it is just one more reminder of a child not with us. My heart went out to you as I read your story.

You said you can’t stop shedding the tears. Your pain is very sharp right now as you just lost your precious child and you don’t want to stop those tears as they are healing. You need to shed those tears and never be ashamed to let them roll down your cheeks at any point of time. I wasn’t. My daughter has had to bury two children and therefore that means I’ve lost two grandchildren.

You will always have a hole in your heart but in time it will heal but you will never for get your little boy. But right now that is very hard to even fathom and that is okay. You need to take all the time you need to heal and grieve for your son. Don’t EVER let anyone tell you that you have a certain amount of time to grieve.

Again, I am sorry for the loss of your son. I will say a prayer for your family. My faith is what carried me thru the darkest of dark days.