Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Feeling Alone - Having A Bad Day

Just needed a little contact with someone. I moved to Norway 30 years ago because of my husband, but have never really felt I belonged here completely. I don't belong in Washington either - where I came from.

Now I'm alone. My two youngest sons are still here, but I don't know what to do now that my husband is gone. I miss him so badly. Having a very bad day today.

Melina

Melina,

Just remember, as long as you come to this site you are never alone. I do understand the feeling because I have no family here. I moved to Arizona to be with Tim and we had 20 great years together but now that he is gone all that is really left here for me is my job and friends. My friends are great but they have their own lives. I do get very lonely, especially at night & weekends and that is when I come here, to my new friends that really understand. You can just feel the concern and love for each other. So please come here often and know that we are all here for you. Take care of yourself and God Bless.

Chris

Hi Melina,

I dont know how long it has been since the loss of your husband. I always remembered hearing that saying dont make any decisions for the first year. So when my husband died..I havent made any major changes in my life. I remember wanting to sell my horses...because it just seem like so much to cope with...walking out to water and fed them...but I would remind myself not to make any decisions I might regret. There are still times I feel so tired... maybe I should sell them....but Larry loved them too,and it gets me outside at least twice a day to move around get some sunshine on me. I miss my husband desperately...so I feel your pain. So sorry your day is not going so well...just know there are others that feel just like you...and understand what your going through. Seek the Lord as to what you should do...He will give you a direction and peace if you are to move elsewhere. No peace...dont move.... I am so glad that I found this forum last week. God bless you...:)

I too received som e advice to not do anything for a year but I feel if I didn't, I would have totally lost myself in my grief. I bought a new condo a month after my husband suddenly passed away. However, it was new and the move in date was actually going to be 7 months later. So I listed my house and sold it, put my stuff in storage, moved in with my son for 2 months and then moved to my condo where I am so happy to be rid of the responsibility of the house. We were in the middle of building a cottage so I had that and knew I could not manage both.. I totally made the right decision for myself. So my advice is do what your inner voice is telling you to do. A house is made of lumber and drywall...you take your memories with you. I left my house with no regrets. You can't run from grief but you can make your life easier so that you are more equipped to deal with it so do what you need to do...not what other people tell you to do, especially those that don't know what it is like to loose the love of your life.