Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Quote From A 5Th Grader

Have been having some pretty rough days lately so a friend of mine sent me this quote that was written by a 5th grader, I work at a school by the way. I would like to share it with all of you and hope it brightens your day like it did mine. God bless all of you.

Life is a dream, it is full of nightmares and fantasies, if something goes wrong, don't give up there is always another adventure.

Chris

It is just like the TV program "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader"

And it seems like No, I am not.

I woke up at 2 a.m., it is now noon and I have done nothing but sit, when I start to do something I forget what it was I started. Tomorrow it will be a month since my husband died. The 2 weeks before he died each time the minister would come he would say he was not afraid to die but he was worried about me. When he went to Hospice I don't know what I was thinking. I thought he would come home, he always got better every other time. I know he would not want me to be feeling this way but I miss him, I miss his comfort, I miss him putting up with me, I miss making his coffee in the morning, I miss being with him. All I can do today is cry and hope tomorrow I can pretend and show a happy face to my family.

Darl

Darl,

It has been seven months since my Tim passed away and I still have days like that. I too miss everything about him, his smile, his touch, the smell of his Old Spice, and most of all talking to him. Yesterday was an especially hard day. I'm having electrical problems at the house and I just felt so helpless. Why wasn't he there to help me or take care of it. Just made me face the reality that he is gone and I have to take care of it, and that hurt, I just broke down. I've finally learned to let myself grieve and take each day as they come. If you don't feel like putting on a happy face, don't! This is a long hard journey but it does get a little easier as time passes. Take care of yourself. Lots of hugs!

Chris

chrissie, Im new to this site but not new to the grief and lonliness of missing my husband Larry. He died 3 years ago from a Heart attack on his Birthday. He was only 52. I miss him everyday and everynite. You never get over it you just learn to live with it! I still cry but try to make time in the morning when i walk the dog and pray and talk to him. I read you only grieve as deep as you loved! I keep trying to tell people that. Everyone means well but they just want you to be ok! Unless you lost your husband I dont want to hear it! I wish Id have had this site when I first lost him. I found this bt accident over a long weekend of being sad! So keep posting here . It seems

like alot of great people here who understand our pain, God Bless and hang in there! Cris

I totally agree with Chris - if you don't feel like 'putting on a happy face', don't! Let yourself be sad and to grieve.

Korina