Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Rough Week For Me

STARKISS

Hi All,

I just have to tell you about my week last week, I went to work Monday to find out one of the ladies I work with lost her sister in law to a car accident in Jamica.. Than with her grieving over her loved one and all the staff in the room supporting her we come to Wednesday and as the day went on another lady I work with received a call while at work that her mother died... Her mother was only in her 50s... SO now the two of us are trying so hard to comfort the other two who are grieving their own personal losses... I keep both families in my prayers and offer support to them both... I just do not know how I could have helped without finding the support I did from here during my sad time. Shelley

Shelley, dear ~ I'm so sorry to learn of these tragic losses, and certainly we will keep your friends and their families in our thoughts and prayers. It's so good to know that the support you've gained from your GH family is now helping you to support your friends in their grief. Thank you for sharing that

• 4 months later...

Well GH Family, Here I go again... This week one of our teacher friends was called at work that her husband was ill and was taken to the hospital... She found out that he had developed a blood clot which made itself go to his heart and burst..This ended up killing him, it was so sudden and sad to hear and everyone at work felt so deeply sadden from the news... Her husband was only in his early 50's, I had just met her family a few weeks earlier... Please Keep the Edney family in your prayers Thank you Shelley

Dear Shelley,

I am so sorry to learn of these tragic losses and of course I will hold them in gentle thought and prayer. It warms my heart to know Shelley that you feel supported by us here at your GH family of friends, enough to reach out and support others with their loss.

You are a "GIFT" to us all my dear friend.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Thank you All who posted in this post, the funeral was yesterday and I just could not bring myself to attend... I did not know this lady really well and I have been so stressed out lately I just figure I would bring people more down... Shelley

HI Shelley,

I just want to say it is OK to do what feels RIGHT for you. I am PROUD of you for listening to what you needed to do for yourself. It is OK to put your needs first.

Blessings and Courge, Carol Ann

Well Everyone that rough week is over and on to the next, This week is going to be rough for a whole other reason... I am really sick to add to all the rough times ahead... I have earaches, headaches, and a very nasty cold to add to it... Just not what I need at this moment with everything happening... Shelley