Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Crappy Few Days

fairly new here still, haven't been on in a while. Its been a crappy week, I had to go to back to school night by myself and it was rough. Everyone knew who I was and wht I have been thru and still going thru,though they all had to sit and look at me with pitiful stares. It may have all been in my head but thats how I felt. I made it thru that night but still struggling. will there come a time when its not the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thing on my mind when I go to bed?? I wake up looking at the other side of the bed and feeling the emptiness fill the air. The pain hurts so bad :(

I know the feeling. He died on a Tuesday I took a couple days off and went back Monday morning. I had told my boss to let everyone know the truth(it was suicide and how). That kept the multiple questions down for me. You go through like you're sleeping and walking. I told someone else to go to Youtube. Look up Adam Lambert(American Idol runnerup) He has a song called Sleep Walker. Listen to the lyrics. It describes us alot. Beautiful song too. Listen to it.Crappy week for sure. Good luck. Linda Kay

When I am feeling my worst, I have always just concentrated on making it to the next moment, next hour, or the next day. I hope that school gives you an alternative focus for your mind - I know it helps me to have a break from thinking about the loss and pain. Also, when I went back to work, there were some who I know felt uncomfortable talking about Scott's death, but others who were very supportive. I hope you find some who are supportive. That said, I don't hesitate to talk about Scott whenever I feel like it, so I think that has generally eased some of their discomfort (though it is not my job to put them at ease....I simply talk about Scott and don't worry too much about how it makes others feel).

Korina