Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost My Baby Sister

Hello, everyone. We lost my grandpa August 1 of this year. Then two weeks ago yesterday my sister had to go to the hospital because she had multiple seizures. The following Wednesday, she went into respiratory arrest, which caused her heart to stop. They brought her back, but they had her on life support. She was eight weeks pregnant, and she lost her baby. They were trying to get the fluid off her lungs, but Sunday night her body started shutting down. They took her off the machines Monday morning, and she passed away at 12:28 PM.

Mom called everyone who lived locally to go to the hospital, but there was no way I could make it there in time because I don't drive, so they called my preacher, and he and a few other people from church came over to drop the bomb. I work from home, and I was working when he came over. I thought it was weird for the preacher to come to my house, because he usually doesn't stop by to visit during that time of day. There were six people in the room when he told me, and everybody was sobbing. It was aweful.

I never thought in a million years that I would be saying goodbye to her so early. She will turn 21 on November 7. This is the worst thing I have ever experienced. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for letting me unload.

Yes, she has had seizures for several years. Last January she had an episode like this, and she was in the hospital for a long time, but she pulled through. She did have some problems with her memory after that. We thought she would come out of this one, too. This is so hard. I haven't been worth a flip today.

keyboardplayer,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Gandpa and your sister and her baby .........WOW that is more than enough for anyone to have to cope with.

I wish there were words of comfort but I just do not think they exist, there is nothing anyone can say to make this better, to take away your pain.

All we can do is listen and share with you. This site has and continues to be a lifeline for me, nobody has expectations, people here just simply get it, that's it.

I found the tiniest comfort in simply know there is someone else in this world who can relate to what I feel today because they too feel it TODAY and are going through it with me.

So, keep sharing with us and I hope you will find this ever so tiny "comfort".

sending hugs and love your way

Niamh