Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello to Everyone,

It's been 14 months since my beloved James passed away from Esophageal Cancer at the young age of 49 , I must say it's been quite the Journey, it has gotten better ...but I will never be the same and I have no idea what my future holds...

I have met 2 other recent widows to this same cancer and a widow group I belong to has a few new very young members... I barely remember the first 5 months ....as I listen to these new ladies struggle with grief not quite understanding it as I

didn't..... I begin very quickly remembering the book.... Finding your Way through grief A guide for the first year.... and how very helpful it was.....and still is.... as I spent my 11 month in isolation and did not leave my home ....and my friends

thought I needed to be medicated with anti depressants which I had been very familiar with and hate the side effects, I picked up the book and there it was on page 72 !!! I was approaching the 1 year anniversary and having a severe recurrence of

grief and I needed to get through it...not around it .... and I did.... it also has helped me to help others understand GRIEF.... on a side note....the book has been made available by the Fabricant Family and I remember reading the story about Gregory

Fabricant, he was a grief counselor at Hospice of The Valley and passed away at the young age of 33 from lung cancer in 2000. I attended a funeral last Thursday and stood next to Gregory's grave and memorial bench and told everyone his story...

he lost his father to cancer and had a difficult time recovering from his grief, thus he spent the rest of his life helping others cope with their grief, it would have been an honor to meet him...

Find Your Way through Grief by Marty Tousley

2 other books that have helped me

The Grief Club by Melody Beattie

Healing After Loss by Martha Hickman

all 3 available on AMAZON....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL..... as difficult as it this thing called Grief....the sadness and all that comes with it....We ALL have something to be Grateful.....Thankful for .... wake up each day and be thankful for something and the same when you

retire at night....if nothing else be grateful for the gift of another day ...for each day is just that a GIFT... GOd Bless

Tracy post-13543-12904109437_thumb.jpeg

post-13543-129041091658_thumb.jpg

Tracey, I am sorry for your loss and that you are on this journey. I appreciate you for sharing what books you have found helpful, thank you. It is just so true, there is no healing in going around it, we need to go through it. I write in my grateful heart journal daily even admist days that I feel despairing. I find it so helpful to write down at least one thing I am grateful for each day as it truly does help me. Often times I focus on the loss and forget to focus on what I have found and what I am grateful for. Thank you so much.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann