Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Year Today Since Mom Died

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I remember the one year mark with my mom. The four of us kids met at the cemetery and prayed, holding hands at the exact time of her death, which was 11:34 on 2/2/08. It made all of us feel a little closer to her.

Good luck to you and God be with you. I pray your mom sends you a special sign. So you lost your mom and dad within a year? I am sending you a cyber hug. I am so sorry you have to go through this, I promise it will get a little easier as time goes on. There will be really bad days, but good ones as well. Good memories will take over the bad.

God be with you on your journey.

2sweetgirls,

I am so sorry for all your loss. Anniversaries tend to do that I think, take us right back to the moment it happened. You say it is a gloomy, rainy, dark day. Perhaps God or your own Higher Power if it is not God is in mourning with you, helping you to know you are not alone. All of us here understand, and care, even though some of us, can offer you no words, as our pain is to great to talk, we have heard you. I hope this helps you to feel that you have not only your Higher Power, but all of us here, as you weather this journey.

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

To answer your question, Deb, yes I have lost both of my parents 10 months apart. I was anticipating the one year anniversary of mom's death when I got sideswiped with dad's death. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I wish I could visit my parents more often but they lived in a different state and it's not within a reasonable driving distance. My brother and I went over the Veteran's Day holiday to clean out their house because it was sold. I sure hope that the good memories with replace the bad ones. I just don't see an end to any of this right now.

I understand that there are not words, Carol Ann. Sometimes I feel that way too when I read post from others. Today it rained all day. I feel like the heavens were shedding all the tears that I wanted to cry. I said a prayer at 7:30pm tonight, the time that mom passed. I wish I could hug her and dad again. I know that they are in heaven and not in pain anymore but, maybe this sounds selfish, what about me, left here holding a broken heart?

Anyway, thank you to both of you.

Courage and Blessings to all.

2sweetgirls

aw I'm so sorry 2sweetgirls, I have no clue yet what it feels like. I will hit year 1 in about 2 weeks, no idea what we will do, if anything for it. Sometimes it all feels too much, Christmas & anniversary all at the same time. Last year was pure shock, I really had no idea what was happening, now it's all that much more real & I wish it wasn't.

It's so hard to believe that much time has passed and I wish so much you didn't have the added pain of your Daddy too.

I just wish so often there were words for all this,

((((big hug))) to you hun,

Niamh

xx