Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Ty

tychuck

I lost my beloved little dog Ty to renal failure last Thursday. Its been almost a week now and the tears just won't let up. From the time of diagnosis to when we had to put him to sleep was 4 short weeks. The vet had thought he'd go 6 months to a year. No support treatment was able to stabilize him. My poor dog had lost his sight to an auto-immune disease called SARDS 2 years prior. He was such a trooper. He adjusted so well. Even when we moved homes. Ty had been given to me as a Birthday present 10 yrs ago. I was going through a very difficult time in my life but that little black and white teddy bear gave me a reason to get out of bed in the morning. He will never know the gratitude I hold for him. He was my life saver. I miss him so immensely its physically painful. I feel like a part of myself is now missing. My husband and I buried him last Saturday and on his monument it will read "a lover and a fighter, all who knew him adored him" He was my 15lb hero. Oh if I could only turn back time. Our other pup is depressed as well. We spend each evening cuddling and missing our friend, our family member,,our heart.

I am so sorry you lost your little dog. I am a big dog lover and have lost many over the years and it doesn't get any easier with each one. I wish there were something I could say to ease your pain, but I don't know anything that helps, it's hard to get through. I am glad you have another dog that can at least keep you company in your loss.