Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Grief Has Its Own Timetable

MartyT

From the blog of Mary Jane Hurley Brant, author of When Every Day Matters: A Mother's Memoir on Love, Loss and Life:

After the death of someone we love our grief experience and overall healing has everything to do with our relationship to the deceased, the intensity and depth of the love we felt for them and our degree of faith in a hereafter. In the immediate aftermath of a person's death, it's hard to breathe and everything hurts. We feel shattered, bewildered and frightened. Sometimes, however, grief shows us its own timetable and can be delayed or complicated. I experienced a long delay in time sequence when my father died. I was thirteen years old; it was the springtime of my life. Read on . . .

Dear Marty,

As always thank you for this link and information. I appreciate you beyond words. Thank you for the wonderful works and blessings of you.

Blessings and Courge, Carol Ann

Guest Nicholas

Dear Marty,

Would you recommend I buy her book? I read the one review on Amazon (.co.uk) which was excellent but I wonder if the book might be too distressing for me?

Thanks

Nicholas

Nicholas, dear ~ All I can tell you is that I've read Mary Jane's book and I found great wisdom and comfort in it, so of course I would recommend it highly to other bereaved parents. You can read more about the author on her Web site, here: Mary Jane Hurley Brant. (I think she is wonderful.)

In any case, the best thing about a book is that, if you find it to be too much at any given time, you can always put it down and return to it whenever you feel ready to do so.