Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Pain Is Still So Real

tychuck

Tomorrow will be three weeks since I lost my beloved dog. It still hurts so much. My husband and children bought me a new puppy who is so sweet yet my heart still belongs to my Ty. The puppy is helping my other dog who was so depressed we didn't know what to do for him. He is finally running around our backyard and getting some of his old energy back. I wonder if the new pup was for me or Chuck(my dog). I sometimes wonder if I'll ever feel whole again. I pray that there is a heaven above us and that one day I will be reunited with my little man. I miss him so much.

Ty's mom -- know that my heart is with you. My beloved schnauzer Muffy died yesterday. She was 11 years old and was only sick for 2 weeks. I can't stop crying. My local animal shelter has a schnauzer available, but I know it's way too soon. You can never replace your Ty, and I can never replace Muffy. I have to believe that Muffy is with my mom (who also loved her so much) and that Ty and Muffy will be there for us someday. Take care, Rinda in Iowa

My heart goes out to both of you. It is so hard to lose our beloved pets, but dogs especially as they're such loving loyal companions. I am convinced we will meet up with them again!